From 8 to 12 January 2020, leaders of Vincentian branches gathered for a shared process of discernment as the Vincentian Family begins its 5th Centenary. The meeting was initiated with the presence representatives from almost 100 branches of the Family. These men and women came together in order to reflect upon the realities of collaboration and the future of the Vincentian charism. The theme of this gathering is: The Vincentian Family moves forward.
This event, of historical importance for the Vincentian Family, explored
- the mission of the Vincentian Family
- communication in the Vincentian Family and the potential of the Internet and the challenge it represents for the future.
- the impact of the Film Festival of the Vincentian Family 2018
- the FamVin Alliance on behalf of the homeless, a major initiative of the Vincentian Family
- the culture of vocations and the transmission of the charism across branches of the family
Brothers Lawrence Obiko, Broer Huitema, and Ad de Kok were there, representing the Brothers CMM and the branches of the Vincentian Family in the Netherlands. Brother Lawrence made a video impression of the event.